|As I mentioned in my last newsletter, Windermere is empowered by the knowledge and research of our Chief Economist, Matthew Gardner. Below is his latest monthly video report which touches on the latest numbers surrounding the national housing market.
Here are some key data points derived from the final recorded July home sales numbers:
- For every home that was sold, there was an average of 4.5 offers.
- 50% of homes that closed sold for over the list price.
- 23% of home sales were all-cash purchases.
- 89% of homes sold in the same month they were listed.
- The average number of days on market was 17 days.
Listen to the 12-minute video below to gain some additional insight on national trends concerning new construction, supply and demand, total home sales year-over-year, price appreciation, and affordability.
In my next newsletter, I will report on final closed sale data from August 2021 for both King and Snohomish Counties. This will help you gain a better understanding of where the market is at on a hyper-local level year-to-date. 2021 has been a head-turner in the real estate market and staying well informed has been the edge to create success. It is always my goal to help keep my clients well-informed, so they are empowered to make strong decisions. Please reach out if you are curious about how today’s market relates to you.